 Manchester United scoring machine Wayne Rooney has warned title contenders Chelsea that he is never too far away from producing the piece of brilliance that saw his side defeat Manchester City at Old Trafford last season.
The 25-year-old, gleaming with confidence after his superb start to the season, has reportedly been seen trying to emulate his memorable 'bicycle kick' that sailed into the top corner of Joe Hart's net in February this year.
Rooney's wonder strike was both spontaneous and instinctive, an effort which Mexican legend Hugo Sanchez would be proud of.
"When the ball was in the air, I was in quite a bit of space and I knew I wasn't going to score with a header from there so I just went for it," Rooney said, according to a report in The Sun.
"As soon as I hit it, I was trying to spin my head round to see it go in but really I knew it was going in anyway."
The talisman played his first 90 minutes without troubling the scorers in Manchester United's 1-1 draw with Benfica in Lisbon on Wednesday night, however he returns to the Theatre of Dreams this Sunday afternoon to play a Chelsea, a side he has a good recent scoring record against. |
No comments:
Post a Comment